Diet Affects Dementia
A lower risk of dementia has been associated with a diet that includes vegetables, fruits, fish and lots of omega-3-fatty acids. Doctor Catherine Kousimine (a close associate of Dr. Johanna Budwig) stated that detoxification is accomplished by eating a healthy diet. Her guidelines included: no animal products, sugar,alcohol and fat. She did stress the importance of organic fruits, nuts, seeds, wheats and vegetables.
Dr. Kousimine was most noted for her "Kousimine-Budwig Detox Breakfast" which greatly helps patients with all diseases.
The following recipe is adapted from Dr. Kousimine`s original recipe:
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- 1.5 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 additional fruit
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of homemade granola
Grind the flax seeds right before preparing this recipe, as flax seeds should be used within ten minutes of grinding. Mix the yogurt and flax seeds together. Mash the banana in a bowl and then mix the banana into the yogurt mixture. Add in an additional fruit such as peaches, pears or strawberries. Add in the lemon juice and the granola and enjoy for breakfast or anytime of the day.
Note: The diet from Dr Catherine Kousmine has 5 principles. It starts with a healthy diet and a healthy colon. She recommended intestinal cleanses, enemas and colon cleansing. Bath Detoxing must be used in conjunction with the protocol.
Bath Detox Using Epsom Salts
- 1 cup of Epsom salts
- 1 cup of sea salts
- 1 cup of baking soda
Mix all the ingredients together and place in a sealed jar. Fill the bathtub with water as hot as you can stand and add in 1/4 cup of the Epsom salts mixture. Relax in the bathtub for 30 minutes and then wrap yourself in a warm blanket for approximately 20 minutes more. This will draw out the toxins from your system and leave your body feeling refreshed.
Alternative Bath Detox Using the Friction Method :
Louis Kuhne of Leipzig created a friction water bath to heal many diseases. It involved taking two steam baths per week (15-30 minutes) and then 1-3 hip baths daily. The water temperature should be approximately 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Vigorous friction is created for 15-20 minutes using a linen cloth. Following the bath, the patient must be warmed with exercise. If the patient is too weak, sleeping after the bath is the next best option.
A February 2005 study on mice examined the impact of diet on Alzheimer`s disease. The FJ Express study`s researchers found that when they reduced the calories and limited carbohydrates, plaque did not form in the brains of the mice. The findings showed that a reduced calorie diet which had a limit on the amount of carbohydrates, resulted in a remarkable measure of disease prevention.
It`s also been found that dementia patients respond well to drinking green tea. Research involving 1000 Japanese adults revealed that adults who regularly drank green tea had a lower risk of developing dementia. In addition, adults already exhibiting dementia symptoms saw improvements after drinking two cups of rosemary tea per day. Results were seen in as little as one month.
Natural methods can be used to avoid or improve dementia symptoms. Part I examined how diet plays a key role in improving the symptoms of dementia, but diet is only the first step in avoiding or treating dementia.
Removal of Gas Appliances
There is some evidence to suggest that fossil fuel-powered appliances can worsen the symptoms of dementia.
According Dr. Theron Randolph, "If the patient's family is unwilling to exchange the entire fossil fuel heating system - I mean fuel pipes, heat ducts, everything, every single part must go - for an electric stove and baseboard heat, or a heat pump air exchanger, the patient will not recover."
Switching to electric heat, cooking with an electric stove and using an electric water heater can lead to improvement in dementia symptoms.
How to get mercury fillings removed without exposing yourself to toxic mercury vapor:
Supplements for Dementia
1. Lecithin - Lecithin feeds the brain and cleans the arteries and veins.
2. DMAE and Acetyl-L-carnitine - DMAE and Acetyl-L-carnitine will increase the level of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
3. CQ10, bill berry, ginkgo biloba, grape seed - Coenzyme CQ10, bill berry, ginkgo biloba and grape seed will all improve circulation.
Note: Studies have shown that turmeric, milk thistle, olive leaf, holy basil and olive oil are beneficial for dementia patients also.
Throw out all aluminum cookware and even the tea ball. Give up using foils and even supplements covered with foil tops. Look for baking powders without aluminum, switch to plastic or glass salt shakers and buy salt without aluminum. Also, tape over all handles in the bathroom and other places with masking tape.
De-worming is one of the crucial items to be worked on and ridding the body of flukes is imperative. Here are some natural ones:
- Juicing an entire pumpkin is easy to do. Take a regular pumpkin and juice the entire pumpkin, skin, seeds and all. Drink the juice within 6 hours in 3 divided doses.
- Eat plenty of fresh unsalted pumpkin seeds. Start with a handful and workup.
- A way to get rid of dead flukes stuck in your system is to juice an entire pineapple (including the core) and drink the juice all at once.
- Place one teaspoon of Nigella sativa seeds in a pan with 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Heat to boiling and then cool to a warm temperature. With a pastry brush, paint on your stomach and liver area before sleeping. Do not wash off.
Steps for Immediate Relief of Brain Fog
1. Before sleeping take 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil mixed with the juice of one lemon.
2. Before breakfast take 1 teaspoon of nigella sativa oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
3. One half hour later take 1 tablespoon of Father Romano Zago's recipe: 1/2 liter of honey, 1 ounce of distillates (raw apple vinegar can be substituted) and 350 grams of whole aloe vera leaves juiced. Mix well.
4. For breakfast have the Kousimine-Budwig Power Breakfast (recipe part one).
5. Brain elixir to be used as mid afternoon snack. Place 1 cup of yogurt, 2 figs, 1 rosemary twig and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a jar. Refrigerate overnight and the next afternoon, place in blender and mix well.
6. Follow the diet of Dr. Catherine Kousimine in Part I with no more than one cooked meal a day.
7. Also get plenty of sunshine; eat no packaged or processed foods and avoid all pharmaceutical medicines.