I had a package of Hershey's chocolate chips and I wanted to find a delicious way to use them. I felt like Granola Bars would be fabulous.
I found a few recipes with ingredients that intrigued me and I concocted this recipe and it is oh so delicious and easy to make.
Chewy Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raw honey (energizing is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cups low-fat granola mix (not cereal)
- 2 cups oatmeal (not instant)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut
- 1/4 cups of black seeds, ground (optional)
- 1/2 cup died cranberries or cherries will do just fine
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the brown sugar, honey, vanilla and butter in a medium-size saucepan. Bring them to a boil over medium heat. Now lower the heat and simmer for approximately 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
- Meanwhile, combine granola, coconut, raisins, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and almonds in a large bowl.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture on top of the granola mixture in streams. Mix very well and thoroughly.
- Spray a rectangle baking pan (13 by 9 by 2-inch) with non stick baking spray. Pour the granola mixture into the pan and press down with a metal spoon or large spatula.
- Press remaining chocolate chips into top. Refrigerate the granola bars for at least 2 hours or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.