Meet Bernando LaPallo
Do you juice greens with a vegetable juicer and make smoothies with organic fruit regularly? Maybe you should. Are you 100 years young and happy, and in your kitchen bouncing around, making your own food and still promoting your way of life? You could be.
What is the secret to longevity? Where is the "soul juice" from the fountain of youth actually found? Is it only in Mesa, Arizona? Maybe it's growing in Oregon or Washington State. Maybe there is still some organic soil out there, and farmers who know what they're doing, cycling crops, using clean water without fluoride and bleach, and using heirloom seeds that aren't contaminated with genetically modified ingredients, pesticide, herbicide, insecticide, fungicide or algaecide.
Maybe there are people who don't get lab-concocted prescription drugs every time they feel a cold or allergy coming on. Maybe, just maybe, organic food is the fountain of youth. It's time to ask someone who is 112 years old and doesn't suffer from cancer, Alzheimer's, arthritis, osteoporosis, heart disease, emphysema or irritable bowel syndrome. It's time you knew the story of the man in America who is 112 years young, bouncing around his kitchen making barley soup, juicing vegetables and answering phone calls daily about HOW he did it, and how he is STILL doing it right now. Bernando LaPallo turns 113 this summer -- do you?
An interview with Bernando!1. What's your favorite food Bernando? "My favorite food is fruit and vegetables. On the side I love salmon. I eat salmon about twice a week with a salad."
2. How many miles do you walk a day? "I walk a mile and a half every day."
3. What are your favorite vegetables for juicing? "I use carrots, beets, collard greens, kale, spinach and broccoli. I juice about twice a week."
4. What's your favorite smoothie combination? "I squeeze my own orange juice because the nutrient content is better. In a blender I add one ripe banana, a generous amount of blueberries, a teaspoon of garlic paste -- that I make myself, blended with olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of Dr. Schulze's Superfood green powder (contains organic wild ingredients). Now, if you make it like I make it -- it will taste good. All those ingredients are extremely good for you. I make smoothies daily. I will also add strawberries and cantaloupe. Cantaloupe is good for your eyes, and since my daddy told me to take care of my eyes, I add that."
5. Do you always buy organic? "Yes I buy organic as much as possible. If it's labeled organic, I buy it, but that being said -- not everything that say's it's organic is. Here in Arizona, there was a store that said they were, but it was not. So that made me very cautious. You can't be too careful."
6. What day is your birthday and how young will you be? "I was born on August 17, 1901. This year I will be celebrating 113 years of health."
7. I remember you saying in a video you remember things from childhood. Could you share a memory with me? "I remember my father telling me one day -- that what he was about to tell me might sound strange, but that in time, it would make sense to me. He said, 'Son, I am your earthly father and I have been given the responsibility by your Heavenly Father to take care of you and teach you the right way to live. If you listen to me and do as I am telling you -- you will live a long and healthy life.' I have done that and here I am today healthy."
Special thanks to Bernando's granddaughter and assistant, Ekayani Chamberlin, for setting up the interview!
The moral of the storyEat right, exercise, don't be fooled by the pharmaceutical and medical myths and scams, and you might just be fortunate enough to live long and prosper years after reaching the century mark, just like Bernando LaPallo. You know what they say: "Where there's a will, there's a way."
If you want to check out Bernando's brand new book, just follow the Yellow Brick Road, and maybe you too can live healthy well beyond 100 years young! (http://itunes.apple.com)
Follow Bernando's Face Book Page: Here