What is a StrokeA stroke happens when a portion of the brain is damaged, due to interruption of blood flow to the brain. When this happens the mental and physical abilities are hampered. There are three different types of strokes:
- Cerebral Thrombosis - This happens when an artery to the brain is narrowed down. This can happen because of atherosclerosis, plaque or deposit of fatty tissue.
- Cerebral Embolism - This one is also a block, but happens because of a foreign material or embolus.
- Cerebral Hemorrhage - This type of stroke happens not because the artery is blocked, but due to an artery that has burst or is leaking.
Here are the symptoms of a stroke:
This is a list of the most common symptoms, not the entire list.
- Sudden numbness, weakness, or paralysis of the face, arm or leg - usually on one side of the body
- Loss of speech, or trouble talking or understanding speech
- Sudden blurred, double or decreased vision
- Dizziness, loss of balance or loss of coordination
- Seizures, fainting or blacking out
What is a TIA (Transient ischemic attack)A TIA resembles a stroke as it has similar symptoms, but the TIA last for only a short time. Sudden numbness or weakness down one side of the body may last a few minutes or hours where in a stroke they last for over 24 hours. It is necessary to understand the difference as your life depends on this. TIAs may signal an impending stroke and should be treated with care. Nearly half of the patients who have TIAs, have a stroke within five years. (1)
Symptoms of a TIA
- Blurred or Double Vision
- Loss or use of one side.
Suggested Treatment for Stroke and/or TIA
If you suspect you are having a stroke or even a TIA, first make a tea of cayenne. Place one teaspoon of cayenne in a cup of water and heat. Drink this down as quickly, so you can to open up your veins. Lie down, especially if you are dizzy. If you have insurance, call for an ambulance immediately. A stroke can destroy your life or even cause death and this is nothing to be waiting around on.
Should you be like me and prefer natural methods, then make sure you drink the cayenne three times a day. Do not eat any dairy, meat or fat. Stay on a diet of vegetables and fruits for the first week and watch your diet carefully afterwards. Even with these natural methods you will be very sick for the first week. Bed rest is necessary.
Suggested Supplements to Treat Stroke
Periwinkle is one of the best herbs to use for stroke. The botanical name is "vinca major." Periwinkle will naturally improve the blood flow to the brain area. Periwinkle will help to decrease all excess bleeding disorders and is useful for hemorrhaging, excess menstrual flow, nosebleed, bleeding gums, and all other bleeding disorders.
Other herbs that are useful are: Luft (leaves of the luffah scrubber), ginger, cinnamon, Butcher's Broom, gotu Kola, Goldenseal, Thistle, Gingko biloba and Mullein Leaf.
Suggested Supplements are: Vitamin D3, C, selenium, L- Carnitine, CQ10, magnesium, olive leaf and grape seed.
Note: A stroke is a life threatening situation and it is imperative first you drink the cayenne and then get to a hospital as soon as possible. Natural remedies are good for people like me who abstain from hospitals and doctors or for those who simply cannot afford to go. Millions of people worldwide do not have insurance. The mere cost of an x-ray in some countries is more than a week's or even a month's food allowance. I ask Allah to bless you and keep you well.
- The American Medical Association Family Medical Guide
- The American Heart Association
- Texas Heart Association
- Family Doctor
- Ray Sahelian
Relax in a Hammock and Enjoy the Outdoors. Fresh air will lighten any soul