Benefits of Raw Onions
You must eat raw onions, not cooked onions. You must try to eat one medium onion a day to get the full benefits and many will tell you to eat a red onion, but any onion will do the trick along with a few cloves of garlic. Here are some benefits of onions that you may not know about:
How Do You Take Onions Easily
My remedy for taking the onion protocol is very simple. If you have ever seen the cucumber and onions soaked in raw vinegar, you will know what I am talking about. It will lighten up your tastebuds and help you to tolerate the raw onions and garlic with flavor. Simply make this once a day and keep in your refrigerator and throughout the day, enjoy this as a snack.
In a small salad bowl add in 4 tablespoons of raw vinegar (I suggest using my heart tonic (1 tablespoon) combined with vinegar (3 tablespoons) - recipe below) 1 medium onion, sliced, 3 cloves of garlic, sliced and 1 large cucumber. Add enough ice cold water to cover the onions and the sliced cucumber. Add in a few shakes of salt and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
My Heart Tonic
My heart tonic is patterned after Dr. Schultz's heart tonic, but mine is slightly different. First I do not distill the heart tonic with alcohol as it is against my religion. I use raw apple vinegar. Depending on how much heart tonic you want will depend on the amount of herbs you use. I suggest you experiment and see what works best for you. For me I started with one liter of cold pressed olive oil. Here are the herbs I added.
- Hawthorn berry - 2 tablespoons
- Red Clover - 1/3 cup
- Garlic - 1 whole bulb juiced
- Cactus Grandiflorus - 1 large stem juiced or use the extract (follow bottle instructions)
- Ginger root - 2 teaspoons
- Cayenne - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric - 2 teaspoon
- Nigella sativa oil - 3 tablespoons
- Apple vinegar - 3 tablespoons
The longer you allow the herbs to sit in the oil the better with a minimum of two weeks. After two weeks or longer, strain the herbs off of the oil and keep the oil in a sealed glass jar.
Black Seed Oil and Vinegar
If you want to have a highly powerful mixture to eat with your heart tonic and your onions, try this very simple mixture.
- 1/3 cup of black seeds
- 3 cups of apple vinegar
- Place the black seeds and vinegar in a jar. Mix well. Let sit for 1 to 2 days and then strain. Strain a second time through a cheese or cotton cloth and squeeze the seeds well.
- The seeds will swell. Discard the seeds and preserve the vinegar in a sealed glass jar. Use this vinegar with your onions or with any other cooking or healing modalities.
REMEMBER: The oil and vinegar liquids can be used again for 2 more days. You do not need fresh ingredients everyday. You will need to add more liquid to the bowl to cover your vegetables only.